[texhax] Line width and 66 characters per line

Douglas McKenna doug at mathemaesthetics.com
Thu Aug 28 01:18:02 CEST 2014

FWIW -

The typeset version of "tex.web", which admittedly has quite small margins, results in a line width (measured in characters) of about 110 per line on average.

This is also my limit on source code line length.  I've come to print my source code in landscape pages,
since identifiers can be a lot longer than back in the day.  This enables lots of margin space too, although it increases the page count.  But "printing" these days is just to PDF, so it only matters costwise after really printing (to paper).

- Doug McKenna