[texhax] What program can I use to edit TeX files?

Charles Shooshan chasshoo at snet.net
Sat Mar 23 17:00:57 CET 2013

Good day!

I am quite fond of Notepad++ as a Windows text editor. Personally, I'm a MacTeX guy who uses Vim or nano when I go native.

However, Notepad++ is very versatile and can be run as a portable app from a flash drive.

There are a few sites that have LaTeX configuration info for Notepad++. Here are two:

Syracuse U Physics Department, what's not to like ... http://physics.syr.edu/~salgado/software/latex/miktex_setup/

Nimal's Weblog ... http://nimal.info/blog/2010/latex-on-windows-with-miktex-and-notepad/

I'm sure there are other Notepad++ resources available for the looking.

BTW, I really like Notepad++ because I am still addicted to editing files with sftp access.

-- Charlie