[texhax] What program can I use to edit TeX files?

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Fri Mar 22 12:24:24 CET 2013

On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 02:05:06 +0100
Reinhard Kotucha articulated:

> BTW, it's strange to see that if someone doesn't mention the OS he's
> using, everybody assumes that it's Windows.  And even after you
> mentioned MacTeX, people suggested to install Windows binaries.  Sigh!
> When will Windows users grok that they are not alone in the universe?

No, not alone, but they do occupy 90% of it therefore assuming a
Win/32/64 environment is going to be right the majority of the time. I
personally know many users who use different flavors of LaTeX on
Windows machines simply because they work better there then on their
native *nix cousins. I use FreeBSD as my primary PC environment;
however, I have never gotten any distro of LaTeX to work worth a crap
on it. I would rather pull my own teeth, sans Novocaine, then attempt to
get it working correctly. When time is money, I, like many others,
simply go when the money is.

Just my 2¢.

--
Jerry ♔