[texhax] What program can I use to edit TeX files?

Steven Pisano spisano1 at nyc.rr.com
Thu Mar 21 19:01:37 CET 2013

Barbara, Thomas:

Thank you so much for your input, and helping along a newbie.

Here is a sample file (.txt) I edited (along with original ".tex" file).

Without being specific, the publisher told me I could not give them a "txt" file because "characters will not appear correctly in ASCII format."

So, all "wars" aside, what I guess I need to know is that if Word could inadvertently introduce artifacts that would prevent or interfere with TeX compiling the file correctly, all I need to use is a bare bones editor that will enable me to give a ".tex" file back to the publisher.

I am not creating dvi files. I am not 'typesetting' the book.

I am only doing "language editing," not actually editing the equations

Thank you.

Steve