[texhax] Recommended "document class" for legal documents

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Wed Jan 16 13:40:59 CET 2013

On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 19:58:18 -0500
James Cloos articulated:

> J> I frequently have to write legal documents. I am wondering if
> J> there is a specific "documentclass" for this?
>
> There at least have been.  You might find something searching ctan:
>
>       http://ctan.org
>
> I specifically recall a discussion on comp.text.tex (back in the '90s
> I suspect) which resulted in a style which covered things like the
> double verticle rule on the left margin (as used in the US) and
> leaving enough margin for binding with the heavy blue cover stock
> often used for contracts, affidavits and the like.
>
> But its been way to long to remember any further details.
>
> And it may be a \documentstyle rather then a \documentclass package.

I had thought that there might be a "package" available that would
satisfy my needs; however, I have not come across one. Obviously, I can
accomplish what I want manually, although having a package would make
things that much easier. I was quite surprised to find that although
Latex has hundreds of packages, there does not seem to be one that
addresses the needs of the legal profession. Maybe in a few years when
I actually learn how to write macros, etcetera, I might attempt to
create one.

--
Jerry ♔