[texhax] FW: Arrow head too large on \overarrowright

Bob Tennent rdt at cs.queensu.ca
Sun Dec 29 15:29:59 CET 2013

 >|\noindent We would write
 >|\hspace{39pt}$\overrightarrow{AB}+\overrightarrow{BC}=\overrightarrow{AC}$
 >|
 >|The arrow head is much too big and touches the letters below -

Following my own advice, I find that

  \documentclass{article}
  \begin{document}

  $\overrightarrow{AB}+\overrightarrow{BC}=\overrightarrow{AC}$

  \end{document}

demonstrates the issue. And I agree that it's a valid issue. The
current incarnation of arrows in LaTeX is a disaster. I always use
arrows from the picture environment to avoid them.

If you want to stick with conventional LaTeX arrows, a workaround
is to insert struts:

$\overrightarrow{\strut AB}+\overrightarrow{\strut BC}=\overrightarrow{\strut AC}$

Bob T.