[texhax] ORCID and Biblatex

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Thu Oct 18 17:28:27 CEST 2012

On 18/10/2012 15:39, Chris Yocum wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I was just wondering if there was any interest in integrating ORCID
> (http://about.orcid.org/) numbers into biblatex/biber?  I would like
> to be able to have these as part of the bibliographic information in
> articles, etc.
>
> All the best,
> Chris

Would this not just go down as another BibTeX field? (biblatex/Biber 2.0
has flexible source mapping, so adding fields is easy.)

At something of a tangent, it's not clear to me that ORCHID is any more
(or less) likely to succeed than completing approaches, such as
ResearchID. (The latter is popular in my field, at least.)
--
Joseph Wright