[texhax] indexing

abqotts at comcast.net abqotts at comcast.net
Fri May 4 23:39:07 CEST 2012

Hi

I am trying to create an index for an article. I have read Leslie Lamport's MakeIndex article and have the following questions:

1) the article says "Next, run the MakeIndex program by typing the following Unix command: makeindex myfile . idx . How do I perform this task under a Windows operating system?

2) When I include the \ printindex command in my . tex file I get an error message saying "unrecognized command". What command do I include to print the index in the document?

3) Are there beginner courses in Latex somewhere near where I live in Albuquerque, NM?

Thank you, in advance for your time and consideration.

Randy Ott