[texhax] Adding bookmarks to present

Suresh Govindachar sgovindachar at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 02:17:25 CET 2012

Earlier, I wrote:

  > Background:  The beamer example
  > beamerexample-conference-talk.pdf has the slides organized
  > into bookmarks (with the bookmarks containing multiple
  > levels).  Right clicking on a few bookmarks and exploring
  > their properties shows that the document has a collection of
  > "named destinations" and each bookmark has the action to "go
  > to" a particular named destination;  and the organization of
  > bookmarks into multi-levels can be manipulated by "selecting
  > bookmarks and dragging with a mouse".
  >
  > I would like to add multi-level bookmarks to the output of
  > present too (http://tug.ctan.org/pkg/present).
  >
  > Turns out HowToTalkTeX.pdf has three named destination
  > (Further, Images, and title), and examining
  > HowToTalkTeX.tex, one can see what caused these named
  > destinations to exist in the pdf.
  >
  > Question:  how does [one] embed into the pdf from a present
  > presentation a particular organization of named destinations
  > into multi-level bookmarks?

  Since then, I have came across:

      http://tug.org/applications/hyperref/ftp/doc/slides.pdf

  which has an really neat tree of bookmarks.  However, I have
  not been able to find the source used to create slides.pdf --
  if these sources are available to the public, where are they?

  I realize that the sources for slides.pdf are likely to be in
  LaTex whereas present is in (and my interest is in) plain TeX.

  --Suresh