Hefferon, James S.
jhefferon at smcvt.edu
Tue Jul 3 18:39:04 CEST 2012
Hello; look forward to seeing you in Boston. You, and Lars and Ulrike, have helped me solve the problem, so I hope I can buy you a drink there.
In case it helps anyone else, here is what I did.
> 1. Put in the file $TEXMFLOCAL/web2c/updmap-local.cfg the line
> Map ul9.map
Thank you for this tip. I didn't find that it made any difference.
/usr/local/share/texmf/web2c$ kpsewhich -expand-var '$TEXMFLOCAL'
# Activate LuxiMono
> 2. Run as root mktexlsr && update-updmap && updmap-sys
I did these as three separate sudo commands (it didn't seem to like the &&) but the minimal example that Lars wrote gives the same non-working result as earlier.
However, I noticed the .cfg file mentioned in the output of updmap-sys and it pointed me to /etc/texmf/updmap.d where I added the line you suggested "Map ul9.map" to the end of the file 00updmap.cfg. Now after running
it finds the fonts.
More information about the texhax