[texhax] Solved my font issue

Giovanni Cone giantcone at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 17:35:10 CET 2012

Mr. Fischer is correct.  I did *NOT* need to specify TEXINPUTS,
TFMFONTS, MFINPUTS, etc, etc.

All that was needed was to specify:

setenv  TEXMFHOME   .//:/local/texmf//:

Then pdflatex was able to open the font files properly.

An interesting point to make is that certain combinations of the
previously mentioned environment variables did in fact impact the
search path, but for whatever reason did not include the type1 fonts,
so I would get error messages of the form:

"Warning: pdflatex (file fxlri.pfb): cannot open Type 1 font file for reading"

I wish the tex manpage mentioned the TEXMFHOME variable (  although
I'm using an old LaTeX:  "LaTeX2e <2003/12/01>" )

--
Giovanni "Vann" Antonio Cone
Fanta Sé, Provincia de Nuevo México