[texhax] framed.sty -- "open" frame across page break

Niall Mansfield texhax at uit.co.uk
Tue Feb 28 18:46:49 CET 2012

I want to typset several paragraphs in a frame -- because
they are not part of the main text.  If I used 'framed.sty',
when the material breaks across a page, the frame is closed
at the bottom of this page, and at the start of the next.
This makes it look like two separate things, rather than a
single one breaking across a page.

Is there any way to make the frame "open" at the bottom of
the first page, and at the top of the next (or is there
another suitable package)?  I.e. so it looks like:

+---+
|   |
|   |

<page break>