[texhax] OTFtoTFM font installation

Sushant Das sdas at premediaglobal.com
Thu Dec 6 11:24:29 CET 2012

Hi Team,

I have converted ITC Stone Serif OTF font to afm, tfm, vf and pfb files. I
have updated the map files (ps2pk35.map, dvips35.map, dvipdfm35.map,
pdftex35.map and psnfss.map).

I have also created the t1pst.fd file. But when I put all the font files
(ex: .afm, .tfm, .vf and .pfb) and the t1pst.fd files inside the working
folder, I got all the fonts without any problem.

I want to access those fonts and map files from a default folder so that I
can use them from anywhere. I am using MikTeX 2.9 version and am developing
the fonts for the first time. Please guide me step by step and also tell me
the folder structure. I have no localtexmf folder in my current settings.

It will be a great help if I could get the reply at the earliest.

Thanks in advance

SDAS