[texhax] Displaying the \current value of \prevgraf in the log file

Donald Arseneau asnd at triumf.ca
Tue Nov 15 00:01:19 CET 2011

"Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd)" <P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk> writes:

> It's just a floating  (in the HTML sense) image insertion,
> Paul.  From the image dimensions I can compute the parshape
> for the part of the paragraph(s) that is/are to follow the insertion,
> but there will need to be $n$ entries of 0 \hsize at the start
> of the pageshape to allow for the $n$ lines before the \vadjust.

Phil, give it up, it is hopeless.  So what if the vadjust material
is "injected" at the time of paragraph building?  Any reference
to any registers, and any computation, is done as the paragraph
and its vadjust is being read in.  The contents of a vadjust are
in their own vertical list, inside which there is no preceding
paragraph, and \prevgraf is rightly 0.

Donald Arseneau                          asnd at triumf.ca