[texhax] Octave in LaTeX

Manjusha Joshi manjusha.joshi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 08:15:13 CET 2011

Hello Cristina,

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 12:59 AM, Cristina Abrantes <
cristina.abrantes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Sr/Madam
>
> I'm working in article about Octave and LaTeX for a paper at my university.
> I would like to know if is there any package to run Octave inside a
> LaTeX archive?

Yes! There is sagetex package which you can use with  your Tex file.
SAGE (http://www.sagemath.org/) is  working as maths software server which
can call octve, R, maxima, singular and many other Open source maths
software and more.
I have used octave through sage and I could call ocatve through my tex file
and display the calculations.

> Because my goal is to create a PDF using the both language.

This link may be useful.
http://river-valley.tv/a-dream-of-computing-and-latexing-together-a-reality-with-sagetex/
Regards,

--