[texhax] Table borders for cells, rows and columns?

Oleg Parashchenko olpa at uucode.com
Wed May 25 15:10:20 CEST 2011

Hello Herbert,

On Wed, 25 May 2011 10:19:48 +0200
Herbert Voss <Herbert.Voss at FU-Berlin.DE> wrote:

> the same as for the default cell: every cell has only a right and a
> bottom border, except of the very first cell in a line, it also has a
> left border and except the very first cell in the first line, it
> has a left and a top border.

I disagree with your model. And even if we accept the proposal, an
intersection of styles is anyway possible.

<pre>
  +----------+
  |          |
  |          |
  |   cell   |
  |          |
  |          |
  +----------+
</pre>

Let the bottom border is 3pt red, the right border is 5pt green. Now we
have:

<pre>
  +--------*****
  |        *****
  |        *****
  |   cell *****
  |        *****
</pre>

"=" is the bottom border, "*" is the right border, and "#" is the
intersection.

--
Oleg Parashchenko  olpa@ http://uucode.com/
http://uucode.com/blog/  XML, TeX, Python, Mac, Chess