[texhax] Change font names in PDF

narke narkewoody at gmail.com
Thu May 19 04:34:14 CEST 2011

Hi list,

My pdf claims that the fonts embedded are some CMxx (computer modem).
This is fine for a PDF, but could be a problem when I was converting
the PDF to other format such as emf by some tools (e.g., inkscape,
pdfconverter).  These tools running in my Windows 7 machine don't
recognize type 1 font name (even after I installed type 1 fonts on my
c:\windows\fonts), so they can not do correct fonts replacement for
substituting them for native fonts.  Because of that, the converted
files get low-quality or even somehow wrong fonts looking.

My question is, can I change the font names reported by my PDF
document?  -- My PDFs were generated by pdflatex.

Thanks in advance.

    -- Schopenhauer

narke
public key at http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371 (narkewoody at gmail.com)