[texhax] leaders protruding a fixed width from end of paragraph?

Stan texforeverything at att.net
Mon Mar 14 16:04:36 CET 2011

Is there a way to fill the last line of a paragraph with leaders that
extend a fixed width beyond the right edge of the paragraph, with
right-aligned numbers on the right?  I'm trying to get something like this:

Here's a sentence..................2
Here's a sentence on two
lines..............................5
Here's the last sentence
also on two lines.................11

I tried using \leaders twice, once with \hfill to get to the edge of the
paragraph, and once with a fixed \hskip.  That did not align the numbers
correctly, but that should not be hard to fix.  The main problem was that
I could not get the \leaders to meet seamlessly.

I hope that this can be done somehow without modifying the output
routine.  Is that possible?

Thanks,

Stan