[texhax] Importing references from Reference Manager

Senthil Kumar M senthil.debian at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 03:10:52 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 3:36 PM, Veerappa Chetty <chettyvk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Is it possible to import a database from Reference Manager 12
> to create Bibtex database? Thanks.
> Chetty
>
> --
> Professor of Family Medicine
> Boston University
> Tel: 617-414-6221, Fax:617-414-3345
> emails: chettyvk at gmail.com,vchetty at bu.edu

Hi,

Google is your friend: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=reference+manager+to+bibtex

The first result from the above google search is JabRef
(http://jabref.sourceforge.net/) that probably does what you want. I
tested JabRef (web start version) with some examples given here:
http://www.refman.com/support/risformat_intro.asp and it could export
those files in BibTeX (.bib) format.

Also, please check the TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq, before
asking your questions:
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=buildbib

HTH,

Senthil

-/
For I am Vader, Darth Vader, Lord Vader. I can kill you with a single thought."
"Well, you'll still need a tray."
"No, I will not need a tray. I do not need a tray to kill you. I can
kill you without a tray, with the power of the Force, which is strong
within me. Even though I could kill you with a tray if I so wished,
for I would hack at your neck with the thin bit until the blood flowed
across the canteen floor."
"No, the food is hot. You'll need a tray to put the food on."
"Oh, I see, the food is hot. I'm sorry, I did not realize."
              -- Eddie Izzard