[texhax] Blank first page problem (how to remove?)

Johnny yggdrasil at gmx.co.uk
Sun Jun 5 18:06:57 CEST 2011

Martin Schröder <martin at oneiros.de> writes:

> 2011/6/4 Johnny <yggdrasil at gmx.co.uk>:
>> the first blank page always remains. ??? I am totally puzzled!
>
> POST YOUR LOGFILE

I didn't notice your reply, as I haven't properly updated my filter
rules for incoming mail since joining this mailing list, apologies for
that.

The logfile, of course! That led me to investigate and manage a
solution.

Acutally, running the test script in from editing a new buffer, I was
unable to reproduce the problem myself, but going to the original file I
"stripped down" to the minimalist format originally posted, the problem
reappeared. I believe the cause is that I edited the file in Winows
notepad at work at some point and this inserted invisible illegal
character in the file! Saving the file in emacs and 'C-x RET f' and set
encoding to nil solves the problem. Still not sure about what Windows
really did to corrupt the file though?

For completeness, find the logfile now properly attached!