[texhax] mail sender (Was: relsize, \pdfstringdefDisableCommands)

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Tue Jul 5 22:38:18 CEST 2011

Susan Dittmar schrieb:
> Quoting Uwe Lück (uwe.lueck at web.de):
>> incredible. does somebody know a command line (bash) mail sender
>
> I am using mutt, which is a purely text based mail sender, though still
> using a full window or text screen.  For a line-only mail sender
 > 'mailto' comes to mind.

Thanks, good to hear.

I can't find `mailto' as a program, only as a specification.

I wanted to try `mailx', but a `sendmail' setup seemed to be missing.
I read something like that setting up sendmail is a major task,
making you a real Linux administrator, while a real Linux administrator
wouldn't do this a second time. I see it should be simpler for SMTP
only, but now I must get back to real work, after some days of studying
installation possibilities, and after having lost a lot of work
(callendar entries, ...) and a proper desktop. Or next I have to see
how to access the Xcfe that allegedly is installed but doesn't show up.

So this rather is Linux, not TeX, wrong mailing list.

And finally I installed Thunderbird, was careful to send plain text,
hope so ...

Thanks,

     Uwe.