[texhax] client connection limit

Javier Iglesias javier.iglesias at vd.educanet2.ch
Mon Jan 3 12:36:18 CET 2011

Hi,

First of all, many thanks for your support to the TeX Community ;-)
and Season Greetings !

Updating our computer lab classroom this morning [1]
using the TeX Live Utility on Mac (v0.91), I consistently get
a "Listing Failed" with the following message :

TLDownload::get_file: response error:
   401 Sorry, the maximum number of clients (2) from your host are
already connected.
permanent server connection set up, but downloading did not
succeed!Retrying with wget.
TLDownload::get_file: response error:
   401 Sorry, the maximum number of clients (2) from your host are
already connected.
permanent server connection set up, but downloading did not
succeed!Retrying with wget.

Specifying an explicit CTAN mirror doesn't help.

The problem is that all schools (of all grades !) of my Canton [2]
(700'000 inhabitants) access Internet through the following IP:

    193.5.240.1    peda.vd.ch

Therefore, is there anything we could do to be granted a larger
client connection count limit ? As it is, it really limits our ability
to maintain computer labs...

Many thanks in advance for your help in sustaining TeX teaching
at school ;-P

Best regards,

   --javier iglesias
     IT manager