[texhax] "@" : vowel or glottal stop ? (was : Some puzzling TeX)

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sat Feb 19 17:23:02 CET 2011

Philipp Stephani wrote:

> L3 makes this more consistent:
> \c_twohundred_fifty_five
> (but why not \c_two_hundred_fifty_five?)

Because it's \\c_two_hundred_AND_fifty_five.

I really do scream at my radio every time I hear a British
presenter say "Two thousand seven" or whatever, just so that
our poor bemused cousins on the far side of the Atlantic
will know what he is talking about ...

** Phil.
--
Not sent from my i-Pad, i-Phone, Blackberry, Blueberry, or any
such similar poseurs' toy, none of which would I be seen dead