[texhax] dotfill leaders on first line of paragraph only ?

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Mon Dec 12 00:38:53 CET 2011

On 2011-12-11 at 12:07:45 +0000, Philip TAYLOR wrote:

 > Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
 >
 > > Ok.  Red could be a little bit darker.
 >
 > I have no experience of working in CMYK, and even
 > less of specifying colours in RGB and then mapping
 > them to CMYK ...  Given that this particular red
 > is specified as :
 >
 > 	\font \whatever = "Palatino Linotype": color=FF0000
 >
 > which then gets re-written in TeX as :
 >
 > 	\whatever (macro) -> \font:whatever \modemagic \special {color push cmyk 0.0 1.0 1.0 0.0}
 >
 > how would you suggest re-writing "color=FF0000" to
 > achieve a darker CMYK red as you suggest.  The algorithm
 > on which the code is based is at :
 >
 > 	http://www.javascripter.net/faq/rgb2cmyk.htm

I suppose you have to omit the color specification of the font. It
seems that only RGB is supported.  You have to use \special instead,
as described by Heiko already.

Select a color here

  http://www.tabelle.info/farben_pantone_CMYK_RGB.html

and divide the values by 100.

 > > The last step is to choose a
 > > good type of paper and avoid lamination.  Laminated menu cards are
 > > only good for fast food restaurants.  They always look cheap.
 >
 > I am afraid that Thai-An is not yet in the same league as
 > La Tour d'Argent, or even Le Manoir Aux Quat'Saison --

Ok, not yet.

 > lamination (tri-fold, gatefold) is the order of the day.

 > > Menu cards printed on plain paper look more more elegant.  You
 > > need more copies then, but you also save the money for
 > > lamination.
 > >
 > > Paper looks more elegant if it's a bit brownish instead of white.
 > > However, I fear that you don't have much freedom here because
 > > people expect that rice is white.
 >
 > You mean there's no true white ink in the CMYK process ?  Useless !

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CMYK_color_model

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25