[texhax] dotfill leaders on first line of paragraph only ?

Pierre MacKay pierre.mackay at comcast.net
Sat Dec 10 17:39:25 CET 2011

On 12/9/2011 6:11 PM, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
> I'm not *that* convinced.  XeTeX already uses an extended DVI format
> and in order to fully support Thành's microtypographic extensions it
> probably has to be extended even further.
>
> Given that you can pass something to a PostScript interpreter through a
> \special, I don't see any reason why it can't passed to a PDF file
> through \pdfliteral or the like.
Okay,this would work, but you would have to futz around finding what were the functions associated in each case with objects 21 and 26 as they happen to appear in this example,since they would be almost guaranteed not to have the same IDs in any different file.  You would also have to find an unused number for this object, of course. Converting DVI to PostScript just seem to me a lot easier and less error-prone.
Incidentally, have you ever seen what a fully fledged PPD will do for the image on one of the better quality laser printer? (something whose native language is PostScript, not PCL, such as a Xante) It is awesome. Unfortunately Xante has decided to price itself right out of my range, and the old one I had was a real nuisance owing to a badly designed sheet pickup.

Pierre

25 0 obj
[/Separation/PANTONE#20Rhodamine#20Red#20U 21 0 R 26 0 R]
endobj