[texhax] xkeyval: using different key-value separator

DirtY iCE dirty.ice.hu at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 16:20:37 CEST 2011

Hello,

I'm using xkeyval to parse a bunch of optional arguments for a macro.
The problem is that values are usually sentences, and such they
usually contain a few commas. I can escape them with grouping (like
keya={a, b, c}, keyb=...), but doing this repeatably is both error
prone and tiresome, so I would like to change the separator to a less
frequently used character, like ';'. Unfortunately, the usage of comma
is hard coded into xkeyval. Is there an easy way to accomplish this
(without breaking other packages that may use (x)keyval, like
graphicx, fontspec, etc.)?

Regards,
Zoltán Kővágó