[texhax] Issues with 'caption' package and ACM SIG proceedings class...

Daniel Freedman freedman at physics.cornell.edu
Wed Sep 8 20:03:04 CEST 2010

Hi Martin,

On Tue, Sep 07, 2010, Martin Schr?der wrote:
> Please insert the following line right after \usepackage[...]{caption}:
>   \DeclareCaptionType{copyrightbox}
> This should fix the problem and should not do any harm.

This worked perfectly! Thanks for the spot-on advice...

If I may ask, where is this fix discussed by the 'caption' author (as
you state)?  I searched relentlessly, and could find no sign of it on
CTAN, in online discussions, or within the most recent package manual
(even now, with the solution, and thus the correct search terms, in
hand).  I'm asking primarily to increase my knowledge of where the
"good" TeX resources are hiding... :)

Warm regards,
Daniel

--
Daniel Freedman <{freedman at physics | dfreedman at cs}.cornell.edu>
  Post-Doc, Distributed Systems, Computer Science, Cornell University