[texhax] Stretchable \baselineskip, per-page?

Aleksandar Zec zealeksanman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 23:17:27 CEST 2010

Hi Uwe and Heiko,

Thank you very much, both methods work! These are exactly what I was
looking for. First, please find my test file. Two questions about
these methods are below.

--------- p.tex ----------
\documentclass[a4paper]{article}
\usepackage[english]{babel}
\usepackage{blindtext}
\begin{document}
\flushbottom
\blindtext\footnote{\blindtext}\par
\blindtext\par
\blindtext\par
\blindtext\par
A\footnote{\blindtext}
  line\footnote{\blindtext}
  with\footnote{\blindtext}
  many\footnote{\blindtext}
  footnotes\footnote{\blindtext}.\par
\blindtext\par
\blindtext\par
\blindtext\par
\blindtext\par
\blindtext\par
\blindtext\par
\blindtext\par
\blindtext\par
A\footnote{\blindtext}
  line\footnote{\blindtext}
  with\footnote{\blindtext}
  many\footnote{\blindtext}
  footnotes\footnote{\blindtext}.\par
\blindtext\par
\blindtext\par
\blindtext\par
\blindtext
\end{document}
-------------------------

I used larger numbers for this test, i.e. {14.5pt \@plus 10pt} and
\@plus 4\@tempskipa.

Pages 1 and 3 are typical examples where I need vertical stretching.

1. In Heiko's method, all lines are proportionally stretched,
including footnotes; is there a way to restrict this behaviour on
\normal- or any other size?

2. For both methods: is there a way to change plus and minus factor on
a specific page *only* (not between paragraphs)?

Thank you again,
Alex