[texhax] TeX Tables Questions

Uwe Lueck uwe.lueck at web.de
Mon Nov 15 20:47:13 CET 2010

"William Adams" <will.adams at frycomm.com> answered 15.11.2010 19:24:16
> On Nov 14, 2010, at 4:06 PM, Amber K wrote:
>> I would like to know how to do a multiple row header in a table
>> (for example, for a heading that is too long to put all on one row)
>> without having too much of a gap between the two lines.

"William Adams" <will.adams at frycomm.com> answered 15.11.2010 19:24:16:
> Sometimes one simply has to adjust things manually:

... I once did that too, did not want to explain it --
*multirow* should provide a smooth alternative:

    http://ctan.org/pkg/multirow

There seem to be so many packages for "easy" table formatting,
but here the description of the package indicates that it is the
best one for the named purpose. (Sorry, never tried myself.)

HTH -- Uwe.