[texhax] Help with Article from Beamer Article

Thomas Jacobs thomasjacobs at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 01:27:42 CET 2010

Hi There,

I have been able to use the column command in Beamer to present a diagram on
one side and a step by step analysis to the side of it.

\documentclass[11pt]{beamer}

However, when I switch to beamerarticle mode to produce a set of notes to
hand to students:

\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\usepackage{beamerarticle}

I get all kinds of strange behavior where the columns are no longer
recognized, alignment is gone and the output even overwrites one column on
the other.  I tried inserting a landscape option thinking it might be a
spacing issue with no effect:

\documentclass[11pt,landscape]{article}
\usepackage{beamerarticle}

It still seems to present the columns in succession, vertically, as a best
case result.  Worst case it overwrites one column's information with the
other's.

Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong or how I might fix this?
 Thanks in advance.

Tom

--
Thomas Jacobs, FRM, PRM, PhD