[texhax] \input command under Linux

Uwe Lueck uwe.lueck at web.de
Mon May 3 21:17:38 CEST 2010

Steve Schwartz  wrote at 03.05.2010 19:02:45:
> so you might try renaming your file AAMacros.tex in case your tex
> installation automatically insists on the .tex extension in filenames.

I guess now Steve has found /the/ diagnosis.

    \input ...AAMacros

searches for a file AAMacros.tex which is nowhere.

>On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 14:08 +0100, Lars Madsen wrote:
>> Might be an idea not to use full paths but instead add the directory
>> to the list of directories where TeX search for files, and then just
>> use
>>
>> \input{AAMacros}

This gives me a worse idea for non-Windows, just for ...: place a symlink to that directory into your working directory, so you can call the macro file from a "virtual subdirectory", no need for the "full" path.

Wondering, wondering if this helps ...

    Uwe.