[texhax] Supress extra space in enumerate environment

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 06:49:35 CET 2010

** Jesus Guillermo Andrade [2010-03-16 23:37:59 -0430]:

> Dear Fellows: I am in need to modifiying the behaviour of the enumerate environment so that whenever I insert a list, the vertical space between the start of the list and its end have the same length as the rest of the text. So far, I tried a dirty and horrible tweak:

> \vspace{\msep}
> \begin{enumerate}
> \setlength{\itemsep}{0cm}%
> \setlength{\parskip}{0cm}%
> \item ... ... ....
> \end{enumerate}\vspace{\msep}

> In this case \msep is just an arbitrary distance that tries set by me to match the default interline spaces for the main text, however the trick doesnt help.  Please let me know your opinion.

Did you try to search UK FAQ?

If I understand you correctly, you could use package 'enumitem' and
put this line into your preamble (see documentation for the rest):
\setenumerate{nolistsep}
--
Breathe deep the gathering gloom.
Watch lights fade from every room.

Impassioned lovers wrestle as one.
Lonely man cries for love and has none.
New mother picks up and suckles her son.
Senior citizens wish they were young.

Cold-hearted orb that rules the night;
Removes the colors from our sight.
Red is grey and yellow white.
But we decide which is real, and which is an illusion."
		-- The Moody Blues, "Days of Future Passed"