[texhax] tikz vs. expl3

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Sun Jun 27 13:52:11 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I am trying to write a small package with some special drawing
instructions. Inspired by the articles by Joseph Wright, I am using
expl3 and xparse. Now I have problems using expl3-Syntax together with
tikz-instructions: tikz needs explicit spaces (no problem with
\ExplSyntaxNames) and explicit colons as in [domain=1:3].

So my question: how to handle the colon in the domain-value? I don’t
want to fall back on l2ε syntax in my code at this position … is there
any way to tell tikz inside an expl3-code to recognize a colon?

cheers
Arno