[texhax] Serbian Cyrillic characters

Predrag Punosevac punosevac72 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 22:33:30 CET 2010

Dear All,

After almost 15 years or so I am trying to write something in my
native Serbian Cyrillic alphabet. Unfortunately I am having problems
getting two characters. Namely

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[OT2,T1]{fontenc}
\newcommand\textcyr[1]{{\fontencoding{OT2}\fontfamily{wncyr}\selectfont #1}}
\begin{document}
Serbian alphabet \dots \textcyr{
A B V G D DJ E Zh Z I J K L LJ M N NJ O P R S T \'C U F Kh C Ch \Dzh Sh
}
\end{document}

should produce the complete Serbian alphabet. Unfortunately, I can not
get \'C and \Dzh. Those should be cyr2 fonts as they are non-existing
in Russian and Ukrainian languages. I tried removing escape character and
couple other things like including amsfonts. I have the same problem
if I use Babel package which works like a charm for Russian.
I also have a patch SerbianC for Babel but it requires Serbian keyboard
and Unicode editor which I have not seen in more than 15 years.

Could you kindly point me to the relevant documentation.

Thanks,
Predrag