[texhax] Swedish - åäö

Andree Jacobson andree at unm.edu
Thu Jan 21 19:25:00 CET 2010

I would agree with Susan, the easiest way is to do this:

\documentclass[a4paper]{article}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[swedish]{babel}
\begin{document}
åäöÅÄÖ
\end{document}

if utf8 doesn't work you may try to use latin1 instead.

There are some good websites on this as  well:
http://www.ddg.lth.se/perf/handledning/
http://system.csc.kth.se/misc/tex/texintro.pdf
http://latexintro.sourceforge.net/

etc, etc...