[texhax] Multiple indicies

Khoa Le lenkhoa at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 06:09:49 CET 2010

Hi there

Thank you very much for your page on multiple indices. I found that very
useful and it is exactly what I need. While the page explained very well how
to generate multiple indices, I have got the indices that I wanted, but with
the "Author Index" printed as a section, then a blank page page, then the
actual author index itself with the title "Index" as a chapter. The same
thing goes for the "general" index. So there are two blank pages and I have
tried many ways to remove them but so far unsuccessful. The code that I
used:

\usepackage{multind}
\makeindex{general}
\makeindex{authors}
\printindex{general}{General Index}
\printindex{authors}{Author Index}

Could you please help? I think the main thing is the \printindex command was
not modified.

Greatly appreciated for your reply.

--
Cheers,

Khoa

Dr. Khoa N. Le
Senior Lecturer
School of Engineering, Building XB,
University of Western Sydney, Locked Bag 1797,
Penrith South DC, NSW 1797, Australia