[texhax] My issue is more widespread

Nitsan Ben-Gal bengal at fritz.dam.brown.edu
Wed Feb 10 18:44:41 CET 2010

Hi all,

I have now tried to make a copy of an earlier tex document and compile it
in a different folder, and I cannot produce output here either, but when
running the original file, while I get a dvi, the Texniccenter sends me
the same error messages and tells me it is producing 0 output, so I
suspect it is showing me the last version created.

The error message at the bottom is

Couldn't find input index file C:\Users\... or C:\Users\....idx
Usage: C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.8\miktex\bin\makeindex.exe [-ilqrcgLT]
[-s sty] [-o ind] [-t log] [-p num] [idx0 idx1 ...]

I am using TeXnicCenter and MiKTex 2.8 on a Windows 7 operating system, if
this matters.  It seems the only things that produce normal output are
thos where there was already a .idx file.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Sincerely,
Nitsan