[texhax] \paragraph environment bolding all text

Tom Schneider toms at ncifcrf.gov
Sun Feb 7 14:02:48 CET 2010

George:

> I /do/ dislike blank lines in my .tex files, but I guess doing so would
> mean less typing, which can't be a bad thing!

In the editor vim, the left and right braces {} allow one to move
around between paragraphs defined by blank lines.  This lets me scoot
precisely around my text.  So to switch two paragraphs one simply
types "d}}p".  Compared to a mouse, that's extremely efficient!  Also,
I have rigged 'q' to reformat the text of the paragraph, so I get
nicely formated text paragraphs (like this one) with little effort.
So if you like less typing, you can check out vim.  Others may
advocate different editors, but I can't tell you what they do with the
blank lines.

Tom

  Dr. Thomas D. Schneider, Ph.D.
  National Institutes of Health