[texhax] Question about Figures, Large Captions and Margins

Eugene Bolotin ybolo001 at student.ucr.edu
Fri Feb 5 02:44:08 CET 2010

Dear Texhax,
I have a tricky problem,
I am writing a dissertation and the format has to be as follows.
If the figure has a large caption, and the figure + caption cannot fit
onto one page,
you are allowed to put the caption on one page, and the figure on the next page.
However, apparently the caption will be printed "facing" the figure,
so the caption margins
need to mirror the figure margins. The required margins for my
dissertation are 1.5 inch on the left
and 1 inch on the right. But for the caption on its own page the
margins should be 1 inch on left and 1.5 inch on right.
I have a lot of these figures. I managed to make the caption have its
own page with package "fltpage" but am stuck on the margin part.
Any help on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated.
I am using Miktex 2.8 for windows.
Thanks a lot,
EB

--