[texhax] plain TeX macros for TOC (was: One (more) question about \halign)

Rodolfo Medina rodolfo.medina at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 01:20:09 CET 2010

Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina at gmail.com> writes:

>> Thanks for your suggestion.  However, I'm not able to build a TOC structure
>> otherwise.  Can you suggest how to do that with paragraph parameters?

[...]

Many thanks to Wolfgang, Barbara and Donald for their help!

Wolfgang, I didn't manage to make your code work!  It produces `overfull box'
errors.

Barbara, your macro seems to work fine, but with the same problem I encountered
with mine: for some unknown reason, the dots end too early, before the text.

Donald, your code seems to do exactly what I want.  Just one thing: is there a
particular reason why you and Barbara prefer ragged right text for titles?  I
don't know what I prefer, but: how could your macro be modified in order to
have titles fully justified and hyphenation?  I saw TOC with titles fully
justified and hyphenation in some book.

Thanks again to you all, your help was precious
Rodolfo