[texhax] Old Fashoned PC "Box" characters

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Tue Aug 3 10:03:40 CEST 2010

Don Gingrich wrote:

> I teach a subject that uses Slackware Linux as a teaching
> tool. Students need to install the Operating System and
> in the Lab notes, I discuss how to do this. Slackware uses
> a menu system that is based on the old IBM PC extended character
> set. When I try to put this into a verbatim or Verbatim
> environment, all of the lines disappear.

When you say "all of the lines", to which "lines" do
you refer : "lines" of text (in which case, no idea)
or "lines" that make up the box characters (in which
case there is an distinct likelihood that such
characters do not exist in any monospaced font
that comes as standard with TeX).

Philip Taylor