[texhax] dagger

PR Stanley prstanley at ntlworld.com
Wed Apr 28 17:30:23 CEST 2010

>I tried to answer the original question: most likely it was an OCR error
>
>I should notice that the OCR engine often reads "e" instead of "c".
>Probably language tools are not working properly to correct the error.
>Too many times it outputs [!] instead of ! and [?] instead of ?
>
>Also while latex source processes properly the output is very ugly.
>However may be output should be of completely different nature -
>voice?
>
>It would be VERY helpful if the original document (before OCR) was
>also posted and the question was formulated more explicitly.

I didn't think it wise to pursue the query after the initial
response, but that's all water under the bridge now.

The problem had been caused by a water mark or some such thing in the
original tif document, resulting in the "!" symbol  for the factorial
) to appear as a dagger.
Incidentally, i would like to publically thank David Romano for
solving the mystery.

Regards, Paul