[texhax] Wrong subject line: [Was: Regarding errors with use of longtable in thesis]

Arvind Marathe bahuroopi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 02:44:13 CEST 2010

Dear Reinhard and others,

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 3:56 AM, Reinhard Kotucha
<reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:
> On 18 April 2010 Arvind Marathe wrote:
>
>  > I am trying to use package longtable to get a really long table in my
>  > thesis. However, at the final stage of converting ps to pdf, i get the
>  > following error:
>
>  > --------------------------------------------------
>  > Error: /undefined in nd
>  > Operand stack:
>  > [...]
>
> This error message comes from Ghostscript and obviously one of your
> .eps files can't be processed properly.  Does it work outside the
> longtable environment?
>
>  > Here is the header of my main.tex file:
>
> Far too complex.  Could you provide a minimal example which
> demonstrates the problem?
>
> I assume that the error is caused by an included graphics file.

The error was caused by a corrupted eps file, as you suggested. I was
trying very hard to get a long table in the thesis, and forgot that i
had uncommented a line to include a certain figure. The error was
caused by the corrupted graphics file, and not the long table, as i
incorrectly assumed.

Sorry for the noise.

thanks,
arvind