[texhax] Adjust spacing in table of contents

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Thu Nov 12 16:53:05 CET 2009

On Nov 10, 2009, at 3:40 PM, Nitsan Ben-Gal wrote:

> I appreciate any help you can give me.  My table of contents is two
> pages plus one line, and I wish to adjust the spacing minutely so
> that I don't have that final entry hanging over onto the next page.
> Does anyone know how to affect the list structure when the list is
> the table of contents?

A quick manual hack would be to identify places where one could remove
enough vertical space to bring the line back, then in appropriate
places in your text put in lines like to

\addtocontents{\vspace{-3pt}}

Re-generate the document enough times to repaginate it and the line
will come back when you take out enough space.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer