[texhax] "cannot download the list of available package repositories"

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Tue Mar 17 07:17:29 CET 2009

On  16 Mar, 2009, at 20:26, Fatih TANK wrote:

> dear sir
>
> when i try to comopile my article it always says me that  "cannot
> download the list of available package repositories". it is almost
> impossible to intall all needed files manualy. in early times it was
> installing automaticcaly but why not now?
>
> if you help me i'll be appciated.
>
> i use winedt and MikTeX and firewall is inactive.

Maybe you can get better help in the MiKTeX mailing list. But anyway,
what version of MiKTeX are you using?

Have you verified your MiKTeX settings?:

Programs -> MiKTeX (2.7?) -> Settings -> Packages tab -> Package
repository (click in Change...), verify that ``Packages shall be
installed from the Internet'' is selected, click in ``Connection
Settings'' and verify everything is as it should.

Hope you can get better help here or in the MiKTeX forums or whatever
(I'm not a MiKTeX ---nor Windows--- user).

Best,

Axel