[texhax] fatal errors with footnote italics for critical edition

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Wed Jul 1 19:28:40 CEST 2009

At 18:49 01.07.09, crebecca at uchicago.edu wrote:
>Nothing changes when I move around the preamble elements -
>  it's still \moreexpands undefined.
>
>I noticed you kindly forwarded my question, and at least I know now the
>problem isn't a simple one.

It should be simple considering that dealing with font changes is a typical
requirement here that has been met in ledmac and EDMAC form their birth on.
The problem with my advice is that I had not installed ledmac and have no
ready test file for it. I guessed from the documentation that the line
\let\morenoexpands\relax is overridden later (there is some
\newcommand{\morenoexpands}...). Now I have generated ledmac.sty and see
that it is not, sorry.

So please try

     \usepackage{ledmac}
     \newcommand{\morenoexpands}{\let\textit=0}

i.e., remove the `r' and the `e'.

Good luck! (and best wishes to Vafa)

     Uwe.