[texhax] Cleveref bug with primed equations

Toby Cubitt tsc25 at cantab.net
Wed Jul 1 11:45:07 CEST 2009

Dear Joel,

Joel C. Salomon wrote:
> Here’s a simple example of what I’m trying to do:
[snip]
> \begin{equation}
> 	\label{eq:pythsolve}
> 	\tag{\ref{eq:pyth}${}'$}
> 	c=\sqrt{a^2 + b^2}.
> \end{equation}
[snip]
> %This reference fails: \cref{eq:pythsolve}.
> %This one too: \eqref{eq:pythsolve}.
> %Even this one: (\ref{eq:pythsolve}).

Thanks for reporting the issue, and for providing a nice minimal example
of the problem. I've uploaded a new version of the cleveref package to my
web site (www.dr-qubit.org/latex.php) which I believe fixes it. Let me
know if it works for you, and I'll update CTAN to the new version.

In general, I would recommend sending bug reports directly to the package
author in the first instance, without copying them to the texhax mailing
list. It useless noise for more or less everyone on the list other than
the package author him/herself. If the package author has gone AWOL and
you receive no response, there might then be an argument for asking the
mailing list about it. (I'm copying this to the list so that there's some
kind of closure in the list archives.)

All the best,

Toby