[texhax] Problems installing Latex

Narayan Rau nkrau at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 18 20:15:58 CET 2009

Dear Group, I had Latex on my older computer -- worked well.  After retiring, now I have bought a new computer with Widows vista and a HP 64 bit computer.  I am having endless difficulties making latex to work after loading a discs I bought a few years ago (Tex live 6, August 2001, Sabastian Rahtz), Lehman Dante Tex software three discs of 11/2001, down loads of GS863w64.exc, and Gs view 4.9.

Can anybody help giving me tips as to how I can make this work?  If I need to buy any new discs, I will be happy to.
Thanks,
Dr. Narayan Rau