[texhax] Error Message

Kasper Masschaele Kasper.Masschaele at biw.kuleuven.be
Wed Dec 16 14:13:36 CET 2009

hello,

i installed texshop today from the mactex 2009 bundle, but when i start a simple example, i have the same error message:

/Users/kaspermasschaeler/Library/TeXShop/bin/platex2pdf-euc: line 12: ptex:

> command not found

can you please tell me how can i solve this problem? Because I donot understand your answer :

Indeed, /Users/<your-short-name>/Library/TeXShop/bin/platex2pdf-euc has

export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin

and /usr/local/teTeX doesn't exist any more in MacTeX; this was used
in gwTeX, which indeed had pTeX.

Many many thanks!

Kasper