[texhax] Fedora 12: cmr12 font shrunk?

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Dec 10 12:10:54 CET 2009

Am Wed, 09 Dec 2009 07:47:45 -0500 schrieb Scott McMahan:

> I used LaTeX to write two books and am working on a third. I just
> upgraded to Fedora 12, and thought something looked really wrong with my
> draft printouts, which looked smaller. I couldn't belive my eyes and
> actually printed a page I'd already printed (back under F11) and
> compared them side by side. CMR12 has shrunk! I thought at first
> something had gone wrong in the printing, but there are no errors, and
> the scale factor is 100%. LaTeX is not substituting a smaller font,
> because the lines on the page are indentical and if a smaller font was
> being used, there would be more text per page.
>
> Has CMR12 changed? If so, how do I get my old CMR12 back so all three
> books look the same? I'm baffled as to what to do about this. I'm not
> even sure where or how to ask about this.

*If* cmr12 had changed then you would get more text on a line as it
quite improbable that your class changed \linewidth at the same
time.

You are not saying how you are compiling and printing but the most
probable cause of your problem is the setting "fit to page" in the
adobe reader printer dialog.

--
Ulrike Fischer